Thursday, June 26, 2008

Youtube and Libraries, in general

Youtube has great potential to be used in libraries or by libraries for instructional, promotional and entertainment purposes. Libraries could also do programs in which patrons put together their own Youtube videos and post them to the library's account. The library would be encouraging creativity and curiosity, as well as facility with technology, and I imagine the outcomes would be a lot of fun, especially with children or teens.

Searching Youtube was very easy. Some of the videos seemed to be better quality than others, and I wonder if that's because of the format they used to record it. Will have to actual post a video to Youtube and see what happens. I picked the Muppet clip simply because it was funny, and I used to love them when I was little. However, there are many, many, many great videos about librarians and libraries. We are a very creative profession!

No comments: